Monday, November 06, 2006

The unique Blogger Post ID for this post is: 116284710360918419

Another Check and Balance for Diebold

I Just had a thought regarding the accuracy of the vote on Tuesday. Much has been said about whether the vote could actually be hacked, and I want to pile onto that discussion.

What happens if, I, the voter become momentarily, insane, or ill, while voting? Consider the following scenario, and tell me where I'm wrong. What if, in the midst of voting for my candidate I have a stroke, and my left arm goes limp? Since I'm right-handed, I might never know that I just stroked out! Is my vote still good? Now I've, recently, learned that a good way to tell if you are having a stroke is to raise both arms high above the head, speak a sentence out loud, and smile. If you can do those three things, then you're not having a stroke.

This brings us to my proposal for stroke free vote. Let's redesign the voting machines to require the voter to raise both arms, and turn two keys simultaneously, while smiling, and saying the words, "My voice is my password". This should, forever, cure the world of stroke-based voting errors.

Now if we could only come up with a way to check for insanity-based voting.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.